Wednesday, August 5, 2015

THE CREEPS are Coming August 11th!

Hey, everybody! The first book in my new kids' horror series, The Creeps, comes out in less than a week!  This book and its sequels have been occupying much of my time and energy and enthusiasm over the last year and a half.  I've come to feel a real affection for the characters and the town in which they live, and am excited to continue coming up with adventures for them to have and monsters for them to battle.



It's always nice when a book does well on its first week of sales.  If there's a lot of demand at bookstores, etc, then there's a higher likelihood that retailers will push the book of their own volition.  If a book ends up on bestseller lists then it incites interest from folks who might not otherwise know about it.  Basically, it's good for the book, and it's good for its author (in this case, me!).



Though many folks who read my stuff pick things up from me at book shows and conventions (and it's always appreciated!), I'd like to encourage you to buy the book this first week, if you intend to get a copy for yourself or for any kids you may know.  And so I want to offer an incentive!

If you tweet a picture of yourself (or the person for whom you've gotten the book) holding your newly-purchased copy to @schweizercomics using the hashtag #TheCreeps, or post on facebook and tag me in it, you'll be entered in a drawing to win one of 5 original Creeps drawings.



Deadline for posting the photos is Saturday August 15th, 2015, by 3pm Eastern/2pm Central/1pm Mountain/noon Pacific.



What's the best way to get the book?  Honestly, any way you want to go about it is fine.  Chain book retailers like Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million should have copies, and hopefully so will your independent bookseller.  You can also order online from retailers like Amazon in both hardcover and paperback.  And there's a chance that you may be able to get it from your local comic shop, though I don't think that the publisher (Amulet Books, an imprint of Abrams) solicits through Diamond, so that'll really depend on the store.



Preorders from any bookseller or retailer count towards that first-week's sales, I think, so if you want to grab it ahead of time, go for it!

Thanks, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great information. It is very useful and informative.
    Experion Institute, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I got an advance reader copy, so I can't participate in the contest!
    But it's loads of fun!
    Just in time for Back To School (which started Monday for some kids)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard you on WKMS and I knew my daughter would like it. She started it last night and is almost done this morning. Thanks for writing a scify graphic novel that's age appropriate for elementary kids. We can't wait for the next one!

      Delete